Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

MOTORCYCLES.. LETS HEAR YER STORY.

I'VE SEEN BIKES SAVE PEOPLES LIVES,AND I'VE SEEN THEM WREAK PEOPLES LIVES (USUALLY IN A GOOD WAY). WHEN SOMEONE DROPS OFF THE SCENE FOR A MORE GENTLE AND SAFE LIFE OF SHOPPING AT BED,BATH AND BEYOND. IT REALLY BUMS ME OUT. IT DON'T MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE,THE MOTORCYCLE LIFESTYLE WILL LAST YOU A LIFE TIME. I USED TO BE A HARDCORE SKATER,IF SOMEONE WAS A PUSSY,I CALLED THEM OUT. POSERS WEREN'T ALLOWED TO BUM MY TRIP,OR KNOW OF THE PASSION I HAD TOWARDS THE SKATER LIFESTYLE (THIS WAS IN THE 80'S MAN,WAY UNDERGROUND) I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT MOTORCYCLES/CHOPPERS. AND I FEEL BLESSED THAT ALL THIS IS IN MY LIFE,IT HAS SAVED ME.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not in the biker culture per se, as I just ride my stocker XS around by myself most of the time. That being said, I think there is a confidence gained by knowing that you can hop on anything with wheels and ride or drive it. Also, learning along the way how to fix your shit is priceless. I might break down at any time, but I know that I can fix anything that happens to my bike. The mechanicals of my bike are not a mystery... that's something somebody riding a brand new iron883 will never get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motorcycles have been almost the sole reason I'm almost free from the junk. After two years,10 different bikes,and long stretches of getting strung out again,Now the light is bright down the way. 6 months in( except for one time)this time and it's lookin' strong.

    It's taken me from 12 years of opiate/misc drug abuse,to getting up and living life again.well,trying to at least,which is more than i could ask for right now.

    word the fuck up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all started for me when I was around 6 or 7 years old and seeing my pops with his cut on and riding his ols iron head. It was of course an XLCH. there were plently of parties with lots of long bearded bikers and there old iron. I could never get enough untill I was in the military in the mid 90s and I was takin out by an unlicensed drvier and told I would never walk the same again and that I was lucky to be alive. Well six months later I was riding a brothers bike and never skipped a beat. I will forever be greatful for my father passing on the passion of motorcycles to me. Everytime I get a little down or things take a shit I get on my biek and go for a ride. Even when the club scene takes a toll on things it always goes back to being about the bikes. IT HAS TO BE ABOUT THE BIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete